Will practises in the areas of corporate, commercial and resources law, including mergers and acquisitions, capital raisings, corporate advisory, corporate governance and company restructures.
He has extensive experience in advising public and private companies, directors, corporate advisers, broking firms and insolvency practitioners on corporate matters. He brings a commercial “hands on” approach to transactions and corporate advisory matters that demand expert legal skills within an immediate timeframe.
Will is recognised as a leading corporate and securities lawyer in WA and is regularly engaged by public companies, boards of directors and advisory firms to provide sound advice and judgement on matters requiring a professional approach within a commercial environment.
Will has successfully worked with many companies and advisers (local, national and international) on a number of significant M&A and capital raising transactions, including cross-border acquisitions, divestments and fundraisings.
Before joining Jackson McDonald, Will co-founded McKenzie Moncrieff. For several years Will worked as an executive officer at ASX where he gained extensive expertise in the ASX regulation and listing of public listed companies.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Association of Mining and Exploration Companies
- AMPLA (The Resources and Energy Law Association)
- Financial Services Institute of Australasia
Awards & Rankings
- Ranked in Doyle's Guide 2017 as a Leading Agribusiness lawyer
- Ranked in Doyle's Guide 2016 as recommended Energy & Resources lawyer
- Best Lawyers 2017 - Commercial law, Corporate law, Corporate/Governance law, Equity Capital Markets law, Mergers and Acquisitions law, Mining law and Natural Resources law