Simon is an experienced real property lawyer. For the duration of his career, he has practised in all areas of real estate, strata titling and land development law.
Simon has an in-depth knowledge of the land subdivision process, the acquisition and disposal of major parcels of land, shopping centres and office buildings.
Simon advises property developers, local governments and not for profit organisations in relation to the structuring and implementation of real estate projects and drafts joint venture agreements, development agreements, real estate related service agreements, project delivery agreements and land development agreements.
He also has particular expertise in the area of anchor tenant leasing, having acted for major retail and commercial tenants and landlords.
As the Lead Partner for the Health & Aged Care team, Simon advises in relation to the development, leasing, acquisition, management and disposal of lifestyle villages, retirement villages and aged care facilities and has a strong understanding of the legislation regimes that apply in these areas.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- General Conditions Committee of the Law Society of Western Australia, 2012 and 2013
- Property Council of Australia (WA) - Retirement Living Committee Member 2013
- Property Council of Australia (WA) – Industrial Committee Member 2008 to 2012
- Property Council of Australia (WA) – Future Directions Committee Member 2005 to 2007
Awards & Ranking
- Doyle's Guide 2016 - recommended WA property Lawyer
- Chambers & Partners Asia-Pacific Directory 2017 - Real Estate
- Best Lawyers 2017 - Leasing law, Real Property law and Retirement Village and Senior Living law - Lawyer of the Year