Karene is a partner in our Commercial Litigation team and advises on a broad mix of general commercial litigation and dispute resolution areas.
Karene is an experienced litigator advising and representing both public and private entities as well as individuals on a range of commercial issues, including contractual disputes, negligence claims, trade practices actions, franchising disputes, inheritance claims, restraint of trade and injunction proceedings, equitable claims and partnership disputes. She also advises on competition and compliance matters that involve product recalls and the giving of enforceable undertakings.
Karene’s practice has a particular focus on alternative dispute resolution and she is a nationally accredited mediator. She has been a member of the Western Australian executive branch of LEADR since 2004 and is also on the panel of a number of statutorily-based mediation panels.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Member of the WA Executive and accredited mediator of LEADR
- Member of the Office of the Mediation Advisor panel
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (MAICD)
- National Environmental Law Association
- Women on Boards