Isla has more than 20 years experience in the building and construction industry.
Prior to commencing employment with Jackson McDonald, Isla was a practicing architect for 10 years, during which time she was one of three Principals in an architectural practice.
She provides advice on all aspects of front end construction issues and also advises on construction contract disputes, arbitration hearings, Building Commission matters (formerly Building Disputes Tribunal) and related property, building, construction, architecture and insurance related matters including professional liability issues, copyright and contractual obligations and responsibilities under consultant agreements.
With experience in advising clients in connection with deep sea pipelines and platforms, land development projects, gas pipelines, infrasture procurement agreements, agreements, mining project disputes she is integral part of our Mining & Resources team.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Society of Construction Law Australia
- Leading Edge Alternative Dispute Resolvers Accredited Mediator
- Royal Australian Institute of Architects (Non Practicing)
Awards & Rankings
- Chambers and Partners Asia-Pacific 2017 - Construction
- Best Lawyers Australia 2017 - Construction/Infrastructure law
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2016 - Construction