Alex practises insurance law in the areas of employers’ indemnity, public and product liability and general insurance.
Alex and his team act for some of the world’s largest insurers, Lloyd's Syndicates, Australia’s largest retail insurers, some of the largest oil and gas companies, mining principals and contractors. He has a particular interest in insurance claims arising from mining activities, construction projects and the oil and gas industry.
He provides advice on litigation, policy interpretation, contractual indemnities and dispute resolution, and has appeared as counsel in the Magistrate’s, District and Supreme Courts.
As an experienced practitioner, Alex evaluates an appropriate strategy for any matter at the earliest opportunity. This ensures that his clients are informed of the manner in which their matters will be managed. His approach results in an exceptional rate of resolution of matters in a cost-effective manner and meets the client’s key performance indicators.
In addition, Alex delivers presentations on civil liability, workers’ compensation laws and occupational safety and health.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Australian Insurance Law Association (AILA)
- Leadership Western Australia (Fellow)
Awards & Rankings
- Best Lawyers Australia 2017 - Insurance law
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2016 - Insurance law
- Doyles Guide 2017 - Public & Property Liability Lawyers (Defendant), Workers Compensation Lawyers (Defendant), Compulsory Third Party Insurance (Defendant)