Equity Capital Markets
The success of any capital raising depends on market conditions, timing, speed and efficiency.
We specialise in corporate finance and securities law and have acted on many stock exchange listings and capital raisings by public companies. In addition to acting for many ASX listed companies, we regularly act for leading local, national and international broking firms on underwriting, lead management and private placement arrangements.
We are “hands on” in our approach and focus on providing commercial solutions to our clients. Capital raising for the mining, mining exploration and associated engineering construction and other service industries is a core part of our practice and expertise.
With our significant presence in one of the world’s major mining and energy hubs and our relationships with leading law firms in the major international financial markets servicing the mining and oil and gas industries, including Toronto, London, Sydney, New York and Hong Kong, we are able to assist our clients in accessing capital locally and from around the world in a timely and efficient manner.
We understand transaction success depends on experience and expertise. Our Equity Capital Markets team has extensive experience in advising on corporate, transactional and financing matters in a professional and commercial manner.
Several of our lawyers have previously held senior positions with the ASX, the corporate securities regulator ASIC and stockbroking firms. We maintain good relationships with the ASX and ASIC in order to ensure we are fully conversant with the latest regulatory requirements.
Our core capabilities in Equity Capital Markets include:
Initial public offerings
Stock exchange listings
Rights issues and entitlement offerings
Share purchase plan offers
Mergers to effect project finance
Convertible notes and convertible loan arrangements
Employee incentive schemes
Adviser and broker mandates
Underwriting and sub-underwriting agreements
Our equity capital experience includes the matters noted below. For further details of our capabilities and experience please contact us.
In 2011 and 2012 we acted for various ASX listed companies in initial public offerings, private placements, entitlement issues, convertible facilities and share purchase plan offers that raised a total of A$220 million. These transactions included:
- Jupiter Mines Limited - $76 million institutional placement and rights issue: we acted on Jupiter’s $40 million placement to a leading global investment fund and its $36 million rights issue to existing shareholders in 2012, to provide capital for Jupiter’s Tshipi manganese project in South Africa and Mt Ida magnetite iron ore project in Western Australia.
- Hot Chili Limited - $66 million placements and SPP offer: we acted on various placements by Hot Chili in 2011 and 2012 to sophisticated and institutional investors in Australia and overseas and its share purchase plan offer to existing shareholders in 2012, to raise $66 million for the exploration and development of its Productora copper-gold-uranium project in Chile.
- Minera Gold Limited – $16.2 million placements and SPP offer: we acted on Minera’s various capital raisings in 2011 and 2012 to provide funding for its Torrecillas Gold Project in Peru, and are acting on its proposed listing on the TSX Venture Exchange.
- Impact Minerals Limited - $5.5 million rights issue: we acted on Impact’s partially underwritten rights issue in 2012 to fund its Botswana projects.
- East Energy Limited – $5.5 million convertible loan facility: we advised East Energy on its convertible loan facility for funding of its Queensland coal project.
- Australasian Resources Limited – $5 million placement to major shareholder: we acted on Australasian’s placement to its controlling shareholder to retire debt.
31 August 2012
With the traditional annual general meeting (AGM) season fast approaching, we take this opportunity to draw your attention to some of the matters that should be addressed to help make sure everything runs according to plan.
We also outline some of the recent amendments to the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) (Corporations Act), which may be relevant to your future annual reporting.
Author: Will Moncrieff
Download PDF 548 Bytes
23 August 2012
New ASX Listing Rules for capital raisings by small to mid cap listed companies came into effect on 1 August 2012.
Author: Will Moncrieff
Download PDF 558 Bytes
24 May 2012
Jackson McDonald consolidated its position as the leading West Australian law firm when named Perth Law Firm of the Year at the 2012 ALB Australasian Law Awards in Sydney on 24 May 2012.
It is the fifth year out of six that Jackson McDonald has won this prestigious award.
Download PDF 304 Bytes
9 January 2011
Jackson McDonald is a proud member of Globalaw and has assisted in the development of this guide.
Download PDF 4 Bytes